Growing old is inevitable and so are the signs it drags along with it. While it is true that there’s no way for you to absolutely stop yourself from aging, there are still a lot of great skincare products and procedures that help slow it down.
We are pretty sure that at this point, you have already encountered so many kinds of anti-aging products available in the market today. Regardless of your age, whether you are in your early 30s or late 60s, it’s still never too late to incorporate anti-aging products in your routine.
As the beauty industry have grown quite extensive today, it’s quite easy to drown into the vast variety of anti-aging creams produced by different brands. Well, you no longer have to be confused on what your anti-aging cream should be comprised of. We have listed the best natural ingredients that feature amazing anti-aging properties in this article.
- Peptides – these are made of amino acids which are basically why it is also known as fragments of proteins. The science behind peptides in anti-aging skincare is that it helps revitalize the skin by boosting its ability to generate skin cells. As a result, the skin becomes firmer and more resilient.
- Hyaluronic Acid – it is a type of carbohydrate that is naturally found in the skin. As this serves as a natural emollient, it greatly contributes in boosting collagen production in the skin. Hyaluronic Acid keeps the structure of the skin toned which makes it a lot firmer and more youthful-looking.
- Alpha Hydroxy Acid – you have probably come across AHA so many times in terms of exfoliators and toners. This is because Alpha Hydroxy Acid (AHA) is best known for its exceptional effects when it comes to exfoliating the skin. While it’s more common in toners and peeling gels, having it in your anti-aging cream is quite ideal as well. It gently removes dead skin cells hence allowing the skin to reveal healthier, brighter skin.
- Retinol - Retinol is a chemical in the retinold group and a form of vitamin A. This works as an agent that helps connect the skin to elastin and collagen. According to Dr. Farid Mostamand, Founder of Ageless Derma, “Mature and aging skin is often very dry, because moisture in the skin is not being replenished as it should be. Retinol is a good moisturizer as it rehydrates the skin and ensures that the skin oils are at their proper levels.”.
- Green Tea Extract – it is rich in antioxidants which help eliminate impurities in the skin. Mature skin experience more damage due to the exposure the skin experienced all throughout the years. This is why it is important to incorporate ingredients rich in antioxidants to your anti-aging cream for you to have clearer, healthier skin.
- Coenzyme Q10 – it is an exceptional antioxidant that helps protect the skin from harsh environmental elements. Coenzyme Q10 limits the damage free radicals can do, which makes it a key ingredient in anti-aging products.
- Kojic Acid – dark spots, skin discoloration and hyperpigmentation are just some of major the signs of aging. Kojic acid is naturally derived from a fungus and blocks the enzyme tyrosinase—an important element in the production of melanin. Kojic Acid is mostly found on skin-lightening products. In the same way, Kojic Acid works onto the skin to naturally treat dark spots or hyperpigmentation by lightening the skin.
- Vitamin E – this is usually found in many types of skincare products, including anti-aging creams. Vitamin E is an amazing antioxidant that promotes skin healing and repair. Not only that, it also protects the skin from further damage. If your main concern includes dull skin, dark circles or broken capillaries, Vitamin E is the solution for you.
- Vitamin C – collagen is essential to the skin as it keeps the skin intact and youthful. Vitamin C is the key solution to boosting collagen production. In addition, it also has potent antioxidant properties and has the ability to heal damaged skin.
- Allantoin – mature skin needs an ingredient to help keep up with the daily damage the skin experiences. Allantoin is an exceptional ingredient that aids in the repair and regeneration of skin cells. It also has anti-inflammatory properties beneficial for those who have irritated, sensitive skin.
True enough, there are a lot of ingredients that help slow down skin aging but these 10 ingredients mentioned are the ones deemed most effective according to experts.
It’s always wise to give anti-aging skincare a professional approach since the skin tends to be a lot more sensitive as we grow older. In line with this, giving a deeper research on the ingredients list on your anti-aging cream is ideal.
If you need more detailed information about the science behind these ingredients, Ageless Skin Obsession authored by Dr. Farid Mostamand is a book the talks about the intricate details with regard to the best anti-aging secrets.Liquid error (templates/article line 10): Could not find asset snippets/relatedblogs.liquid