Neck Lines, also known as neck wrinkles, are very common to everybody. While it mostly occurs on more mature people, younger ones aren’t really exempted. Neck lines can occur to people of all ages due to numerous reasons. It can be a very distressing problem as neck lines are very noticeable. Whether these are in the form of line marks or deeper wrinkle lines, it can definitely add several years to your age in an instant. Well of course, there are some ways to prevent or even get rid of it. However, determining a certain treatment requires the full understanding of the problem’s potential causes.
What Causes Unwanted Neck Lines? (Neck Wrinkles)
Neck lines or neck wrinkles stem from numerous causes. Considering this long list of possible reasons on why they occur, having them totally removed can be an immense challenge. The lines you see on your neck can be hereditary and there are only limited options for you in order to minimize its appearance.
On the other hand, deeper lines that form neck wrinkles are usually causes by lack of moisture or loose fat. These two causes lead to the sagging of the skin; one of the most common signs of aging.
Another common cause of neck lines and wrinkles is movement habits and posture. The skin and muscles on the neck are very delicate which is why they are prone to wrinkles. If your posture involves having your neck bent for long periods of time, this can make the skin on your neck loose. Additionally, if you have this habit of heavily tugging your neck while you apply skincare products, it can also result to sagging.
How to Get Rid of Neck Lines
The appearance of neck lines and neck wrinkles can be minimized. There are several ways you can do to keep your neck looking youthful. The skin on the neck is very delicate which is why it requires the same care as your face. This whole process includes two things: Exceptional anti-aging skincare products and Proper product application routine.
- Exfoliation is the key. Gentle exfoliation is essential for the skin. Instead of using a scrub or an exfoliator with gritty beads, opt for something that offers gentle exfoliation. Freeing your neck area from dead skin cells effectively resurfaces the skin. As a result, your skin becomes softer, smoother and clearer. In addition to this, another importance of exfoliation is that it allows your skin to fully absorb the best of your anti-aging serums and creams.
- Include an anti-aging serum to your skincare regimen. Apart from your usual moisturizer and lotion, it is highly-recommended that you use an anti-aging serum to treat your neck lines. Serums are highly-concentrated which doubles (or triples) up the effectiveness of its ingredients.
- Moisturize twice daily. Like what was mentioned earlier in this article, lack of moisture is one main cause of neck lines and neck wrinkles. In order to combat the tendency of sagging skin, load up on moisture using a great day and night hydrating cream. Your skin needs a different amount of hydration during the day and at night so it is quite advisable that you consider getting a different anti-aging moisturizer for both. Proper supply of moisture to the skin on your neck area will restore firmness and smooth texture.
- Maintain good posture. Amanda Wong Powell of Courthouse Clinics states, "Wrinkles are basically repetitive movements of the face and, of course, we all move our faces differently." As we continuously do movements or habits that stretch the skin on the neck, it eventually loses its firmness. By maintaining a good posture, you can greatly minimize the appearance of neck lines.
- Use a massaging technique that you can do daily. Have you noticed how youthful-looking a lot of Korean women are? In South Korea, face massaging plays a significant role in terms of their skincare routine. There are even special clinics or skincare centers that offer anti-aging face massages alone. Of course, you can do it at the comfort of your own home by incorporating it to your daily skincare routine. For instance, you can gently run your fingers upwards (from the collarbone to your chin) as you apply your daily moisture cream. Such technique will help your skin restore its firmness while also allowing full absorption of the skincare product you’re using.
How to Choose an Anti-aging Skincare Product that Works
If you consider your concern with neck lines or neck wrinkles prominent, traditional moisturizers won’t do the job alone. Be sure to look for “Anti-aging” or “Firming” on the label as these products will greatly benefit your skin in terms of making it look more youthful. Anti-aging and firming skincare products usually have retinol, elastin, collagen, peptides and hyaluronic acid on their list of ingredients. If the product is infused with any of these ingredients, you are on your way to getting rid of your neck lines.
The ingredients mentioned are considered premium but that does not necessarily mean that your only option is to splurge in order to get rid of your neck lines. According to Dr. Farid Mostamand, founder of Ageless Derma, “Many skincare products today are not expensive due to its ingredients but due to the great cost that goes to the middleman. One common misconception is that flawless and youthful skin is always expensive but it’s never the case.” This is why it’s always important to do your own personal research when it comes to anti-aging skincare products. It’s quite easy to get lost on labels that feature the same ingredient but if you are aware with what goes behind it, you are heading towards a best choice.
Liquid error (templates/article line 10): Could not find asset snippets/relatedblogs.liquid