Everyone’s journey to the fountain of youth is never-ending. We all know the fountain itself is non-existent, but there is no doubt that everyone still dreams of looking young and feeling young in their own skin. The occurrence of wrinkles is a normal sign that comes along with aging. Of course, it can get to the point when it’s difficult to stop it.
This is why “Prevention is Better than Cure” is very much applicable in terms of anti-aging. How do you prevent wrinkles in the first place? There are many things you can do to stop your skin from aging drastically. Wrinkles can be prevented. If you want to know more about it, you are in the right article.
Effective Ways to Prevent Wrinkles
Dr. Farid Mostamand, founder of Ageless Derma, also authored a skincare book entitled Ageless Skin Obsession. This book shared very significant factors that deal with aging skin. Here’s a glimpse of the effective wrinkle prevention tips from the book that reveals the secrets of having youthful skin.
- Don’t expose yourself under the sun for too long. The sun radiates harsh UV rays that cause skin damage. Long exposures under the sun without proper protection will definitely age your skin fast. As the skin becomes dry and healthy skin cells are destroyed, the skin loses its firmness resulting to wrinkles and fine lines.
- Applying sunscreen is always a must. In line with the fact that sun exposure leads to damaged and wrinkled skin, applying sunscreen is vital. Of course, you can’t really carry your daily activities out without exposing your skin under the sun, right? If going under the sun can’t be avoided, make sure your skin is properly protected all throughout the day.
- Keep your daily diet on a close watch. Eating foods with too much sugar and fat can really wear your skin down really fast. Go for healthier alternatives by eating more fruits and vegetables rich in vitamins, antioxidants and minerals.
- Quit smoking. Smoking is very bad for your health in general. In addition, it also affects your skin prominently by causing premature wrinkles. If you want to look youthful and radiant for the rest of your life, the time to quit smoking is right now!
- Invest in a great moisturizer that works for your skin. Go for moisturizers that feature premium natural products to ensure your skin’s superior nourishment. Dr. Farid Mostamand also mentions, “Use different moisturizers for the daytime and the nighttime.” – Your skin has different needs at daytime and nighttime. Always check the label and ingredients list to make sure the moisturizer suits your skin type.
The Way to Wrinkle Prevention: Lifestyle Changes
As what you have probably noticed on the list above, preventing wrinkles is all about making changes in your lifestyle. The beauty industry has become immensely vast today and finding a number of skincare products to help you with your wrinkles are available. However, it is also true that your skincare product alone can’t work at its best all by itself. Along with your efficient skincare routine comes with healthy lifestyle.
Dermatologist and American Academy of Dermatology Spokesperson, Dr. Diane Madfer also mentions how it’s never late to respond to the wrinkles you see on your face. There are ways that you can do right now to change the course of your aging skin. There are two most significant lifestyle changes that you need to consider in order to have youthful, healthy and wrinkle-free skin: Healthy diet and exceptional skincare regimen. The key is to be very consistent in order to see immediate results.Liquid error: Could not find asset snippets/relatedblogs.liquid